Borrow bicycles and equipment at the library for free!
Bicycles are available at the Main Library on Paint Street and the Northside Library on Buckeye Street. What a great way to explore the downtown area, Yoctangee Park and the Paint Creek Recreational Trail!
You must call 740-702-4145 or visit the library for all bike reservations. Holds cannot be placed online for bikes.
If you need a helmet or a stroller/trailer when you place a reservation for a bike, please let our staff know.
Bikes may be returned to the Main Library, Northside Library, the Ross County YMCA, the Chillicothe Transit System, or the Ross County Health District.
Book-A-Bike is brought to you by a “Creating Healthy Communities” grant from the Ross County Health District.
- Borrowers must have a current, valid library card to use equipment.
- All adult riders must have a Lending Agreement on file.
- Children ages 0 to 11 must have a parent or guardian present to borrow equipment.
- Teens 12 to 18 may borrow equipment without an adult present, but must have a parent or guardian’s signed Consent Form on file.
- Bikes and equipment may be borrowed for a maximum of two hours per day per patron.
- All equipment must be returned at least 30 minutes before closing.
- Bikes and equipment may not be borrowed overnight.
- Same day holds are allowed, but not more than 3 hours in advance.
- There are no fees or fines for Book-A-Bike.
- Bikes and equipment not returned by the agreed upon time will be treated as theft.
- Helmets are required.
- Borrowers must report any damage or malfunctions to staff immediately.
- When left unattended, equipment must be locked and secured.
- Borrowers are responsible for stolen or lost equipment.
- Borrowers must obey traffic laws and bike path rules and courtesies. Do not ride the
- bike on the city sidewalk!
- Borrowers are encouraged to have fun.
Book-A-Bike Brochure (PDF)