Adult Library Volunteers are welcomed at the library throughout the year. Adult Volunteers give their time to help ensure a positive experience for patrons in the library. They work closely with staff to perform regular tasks in the library, help with library programs, and participate in special projects. Overall, Adult Volunteers contribute to the library community through their time and care. Some duties and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for prompt and courteous delivery of customer service to library patrons by referral to appropriate staff.
- Assist with collection maintenance:
- Placing books and other materials on shelves
- Reading of shelves to keep materials in proper order
- Pulling materials based on reports
- Maintain clean library spaces to ensure an orderly and attractive experience for patrons.
- Assist with library programs:
- Interact with program attendees of all ages
- Set-up and tear-down
- Assist patrons with crafts
- Other duties specifically around special events or programs as assigned.
If you would like to apply to be an Adult Volunteer, please complete the application below and email it to email@example.com or drop it off at your local library branch.
Friends of the Library
The Friends of the Chillicothe & Ross County Public Library is a volunteer-led organization that supports the work of the library through their fundraising efforts. If you would like to be part of the Friends of the Library organization, please contact Communications & Marketing Manager Courtney Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about the Friends of the Library