Full-Time Building Custodian
Open through midnight on November 26, 2023
Chillicothe & Ross County Public Library has an immediate opening for a 40-hours per week Building Custodian with a starting hourly wage of $15 an hour. Flexible second or third shift Mondays through Fridays with majority of work to be performed between 7 p.m. and 8 a.m., based on employee’s preference. Work is primarily at the Main and Northside libraries in Chillicothe. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurances and paid vacation, sick, and eleven paid holidays.
- Clean and maintain library buildings, grounds, equipment, and vehicles as assigned.
- Empty book drops.
- Mow, weed, snow and ice removal as assigned.
- Set up equipment and furnishings in program rooms.
- May make deliveries among library locations and the post office as assigned, pick-up and delivery of mail and other materials in a prompt and responsible manner.
- Report evidence of fire, illegal entry, theft, or destruction of library property, and unsafe conditions, and responds to emergencies when required.
- Maintain familiarity with safe working procedures and follows them at all times.
- Responsible for buildings and maintenance in absence of supervisor.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- OSHA 10-Hour training certification or completion within first 30-days.
- One year experience in commercial custodial work.
- Knowledge of the practices, tools, equipment, and materials used in general custodial work.
- Ability to operate and maintain basic tools, equipment, and vehicles.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel occasionally throughout the county as needed.
- Ability to regularly lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to check and respond to emails and other communications in a timely manner.
For fullest consideration, email email@example.com no later than midnight on November 26, 2023. Please attach:
- a meaningful cover letter
- three references related to your work history
Read the full job description.
Read about the full-time benefits for this position.
As positions become available, we post them here and at chillicotheohio.com/jobs. Applications will only be accepted for a specific position when posted, and unsolicited applications will be destroyed on receipt.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve.
Chillicothe & Ross County Public Library is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.