Part-Time Enrichment Services Clerk
Open through midnight on October 1, 2023
Chillicothe & Ross County Public Library has an immediate opening for a 26 hours per week part-time Enrichment Services Clerk with a starting hourly wage of $14 an hour to work primarily at the Mt. Logan library on E. Main St. in Chillicothe. Benefits include dental, vision, paid vacation and sick leave, and holiday pay on regularly scheduled days of work.
- Responsible for prompt and courteous delivery of customer service to library patrons, including checking materials in and out, answering the telephone, shelving, etc.
- Maintains library spaces to ensure safety and an orderly and attractive experience for library visitors.
- Assists patrons in the use of technology, including basic computer troubleshooting.
- Helps patrons locate library materials.
- Plans and implements library programs.
- Ability to understand, adhere to, and enforce library policies and procedures.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. Some coursework at the post-secondary level desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Familiarity with MS Office, Google Drive, Zoom and other online platforms.
- Keyboarding/Windows proficiency.
- Ability to operate library technology systems, including computers, printers, copiers, software programs and other job-related equipment.
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel occasionally throughout the county as needed.
- Evenings and occasional weekends required.
For fullest consideration, email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight on October 1, 2023. Please attach:
- a meaningful cover letter
- three references related to your work history
Read the full job description.
Read about the part-time benefits for this position.
As positions become available, we post them here and at chillicotheohio.com/jobs. Applications will only be accepted for a specific position when posted, and unsolicited applications will be destroyed on receipt.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve.
Chillicothe & Ross County Public Library is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.